- Makes questionable water bacteriologically suitable to drink
- Easy to use, water is ready in 30 minutes
- One bottle of 50 tablets will treat 25 quarts of waterÂ
- Ideal for hiking, backpacking and emergency preparedness
- Used by Military and Emergency organizations worldwide
Used worldwide by campers, hikers, militaries, emergency responders, and anyone else who needs to drink water from a questionable source, Portable Aqua iodine tablets will disinfect contaminated drinking water in a pinch. The tablets–which are intended for short-term or limited emergency use only–make most water bacteriologically suitable for drinking, proving effective against Giardia lamblia when used as directed. Each Potable Aqua tablet contains 20 mg of Tetraglycine Hydroperiodide (TGHP), which liberates 8 mg of titratable iodine when released into water. Within 30 minutes, the iodine will have penetrated the cell walls of the microorganisms, rendering them inactive and making the water safe to drink. Package contains 1 bottles of 50 tablets.